Feb 5, 2009

Australia (2008)

Few days before I went to cinema with a friend to see the movie Australia. First we saw, damn, it was 2 hours and 45 mins. We were a bit frightened. Almost 3 hours sitting at that small seat doesn't sound so comfortable. But for the sake of all those Oscar nominations, we still went for it. And it didn't disappointed us at all. We didn't feel sleepy for a single minute. I was totally immersed in the movie. I could even feel what the characters felt, that's why I cried like a silly girl. After the movie, my friend made fun of my red eyes. That was embarrassing.

It was a great movie got lots of different kinds of sensitivities in it, such as the love between lovers, between a mother and a child, between different races, the spirit of the nature and human, the frightfulness of war, the ugliness of the invaders...For the detailed plot please ask Mr. Google. The movie enlarged every melting moment to the level of extreme. I was touched by the strong woman Lady Ashely and her lover Drover. Not because they are such beautiful looking people, but for their courage of being who they really are and doing the things only which they believe in.

On the way back home, I was really tired from the whole day work. I was thinking, nowadays there must be lots of people just too tired to feel anything happens around/to them. Everyday wake up and go to work, eat then sleep... day by day the same (or there must be people just ignore everything, and focus on wasters which they believe it's a freaking big joke life should have been like. That's the different case, I am not going to talk about it here). I think work is certainly important, but it's not the most important in my life. Same thing as money.

I believe there must be things more important than how big the house I live or how fast the car I drive. There must be other things that make me have no regrets left when the moment I am dying. I don't know if I am able to jump out of the Cliche of the society, just like I am not sure whether I am able to hike alone into the wild. Even if I really want to but it would be life risking though. I want to feel more in my life, everything, every sensation, good or bad, happy or sad, love or jealousy... However, I found I am actually one of those numb people unfortunately. It was the first time I have shed tears for more than one year. Ah, and I cried for a damn movie.

So you could probably guess how good the movie was, hehe... It's a must-watch in 2009 (for China is 2009, but other region should be counted in 2008). The best quotes from the moive are:
  1. Without love, you have nothing.
  2. It is like this, but doesn't mean it should be like this.
Those two are so far I have the most memory of. Please add those what you have felt about in the comment. Thanks for sharing. Sharing makes the true happiness. Cheers!


No comments: