Mar 8, 2009

A good movie - Flash of Genius

What kind of movie do you like? I would say I like all kinds of good movies. And what kind of movie you think it's good movie? I would say any movie that makes me think lot more after watching it.

I appreciate the development of the entertainment industry today. Because thought those movies I have learned a lot. They bring me in to the situations, touch my deep feelings and make me understand more things which might not be understood at the present for me.

There was a movie I watched tonight, called Flash of Genius. I consider it as a very good movie. It talks about an engineer Dr. Kearns who invented the intermittent windshield wiper, persistently pursue the justice. He took the giant automobile corporation Ford to the court for stealing his invention. The movie told us how heavy the cost would be for doing the right thing, and how persevering a person should be to resist all those temptation to do the right thing.

Compare to Dr. Kearns, I suppose that myself is a much weaker person. The company had raised the settlement from 250 thousand to 30 million to stop Dr. Kearns, but he didn't. Facing the big amount of money and a family with 6 kids, he still chose the justice. I thought about myself, what would I do if I were him. I probably would take the money at the first place.

I have always considered myself a very dignified person. I care more about the things which have impact on my soul, my believe, and my value, and less materially. But in that case, a life change offer, I am not sure if I would be that steady in that situation. I guess I am just one of the majority, and people call it reasonable.

However, what my point here is, is there only one criterion of right or wrong? I don't know. As I am writing right now, I have changed my standpoint several times. Should a man be responsible for his family and give the best life to them? But how could the man ever teaches his kids to do the right thing, to be good people?

Conclusion is Life is damn hard. The reality is damn cruel. Everything has a cost no matter it's right or wrong. I admire noble people, but remember life is short. What we can do in this world is balancing. Try to be a person who yourself would respect. That's it, and that's all.


No comments: